- Only directories and files in NTFS partitions will have Security Tab on their property pages. This means W95 has not permissions (ACL) per resource.
- Placing a $ in the name of a directory makes the directory unlisted across a network but it is still accessible by path.
NTs require logon to the machine & profile. 9Xs do not but can have log on for different profiles. Both need logon if connecting to a network.
- NetBEUI is not routable.
- Whether the network is peer-to-peer or client/server (w PDC), each resource must be shared for others to access it.
- Computer names can be up to 20 characters long and cannot include any of the following: " / \ [ ] : ; | = + * ? < >
- Drive mappings change with different users and don't exist if no one is logged on.