Microsoft changes their site structures so often that I hesitate linking to anything for the long term.
- "ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) General Questions" [http://support.microsoft.com/support/activeserver/faq/data/adofaq.asp?SD=gn&LN=en-us&gssnb=1]. This could go in the ADO section too.
- "Using VBScript and JScript on a Web Page" [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa260861(VS.60).aspx]
2010-04-26: One of the first things I needed to do with ASP.NET was output a non-HTML page, i.e. change the HTTP output. An ASP.NET generic handler file (*.ashx) does just that. You can output text (*.txt, *.json, *.xml, *.html, etc.) or binary (*.jpg, , *.mp4, *.swf, etc.) or just about any electronic file you want to. BTW, it is trivial to do this in Classic ASP, but .NET allows some fancier stuff too.
- In MSDN:
- "ASP.NET ASHX Handler Tutorial" [http://dotnetperls.com/ashx-handler].
- "Creating an ASHX handler in ASP.NET" [http://www.aspcode.net/Creating-an-ASHX-handler-in-ASPNET.aspx]
- "HttpHandlers in ASP.NET" [http://weblogs.asp.net/kdente/archive/2003/07/28/10622.aspx]. Yes, HttpHandlers are underdocumented!
- "Sample album.ashx handler" [http://blogs.msdn.com/dmitryr/archive/2005/06/24/432499.aspx]
- 4GuysFromRolla.com. A great resource for ASP developers.
- ASP 3.0 Tutorials [programmingtutorials.com/asp.aspx]
- ASP Free Forums [Forums.ASPFree.com]
- "How do I determine which version of IIS / ASP I'm running?"
- "How do I page through a recordset?". 10 different ways and counting.
- "How do I present one-to-many relationships in my ASP page?"
- "How do I redirect an http:// request to https://?".
- "How do I retrieve a random record?"
- "How do I use a variable in an ORDER BY clause?"
- "Why won't my session variables stick?"
- "How do I iterate through a form collection?"
- ASP Tutorial [http://www.codefixer.com/tutorials/index.asp]
- Persits.com. Nice ASP components available for sale including AspUpload and AspPDF, both of which I have personal used.
- "The ASP.NET Web.config File Demystified" [http://articles.sitepoint.com/article/web-config-file-demystified].
- "VBScript and JScript Interactions Within ASP Pages" [sislands.com/coin70/week10/vbjscript.htm]